Recorded at Øredev 2018, Fredrik talks to Lisette Sutherland about making remote teams work, and working in remote teams. Lisette works remotely, manages remote teams, does extensive research, podcasts and has written a book on the subject. We cover topics from good tools to handling manager worries about remote work. And when Lisette talks tools it is not just your everyday Skype for business software replacements. I did not think about holograms as a good tool for remote work before talking to Lisette.
Thank you Cloudnet for sponsoring our VPS!
Comments, questions or tips? We are @kodsnack, @tobiashieta, @iskrig and @bjoreman on Twitter, have a page on Facebook and can be emailed at email@example.com if you want to write longer. We read everything we receive.
If you enjoy Kodsnack we would love a review in iTunes! You can also support the podcast by buying us a coffee (or two!) through Ko-fi.
- If you acutally manage a remote team
- When you actually deal with conflict
- It’s good to keep grounded
- Remote workers are not lazy
- If they’re lazy at home they’re lazy in the office
- It must be working
- No one right way
- A personality thing, not a tools thing
- Real presence in the room
- Our Faraday cage conference room
- You want to have the Star trek experience
- Tech gets in the way
- Something always happens
- How do you experiment in small steps
- Some chaos is good
- Day prisons
- I just lost my home office
- The alignment is always difficult
- Sometimes alone, sometimes in person
- No more day prisons
Direct download: 321.mp3
-- posted at: 6:42am CEST